Thursday, July 17, 2008

Halloween Wip for STJ

Unfortunately I was unable to make something for Halloween for the opening month of Spookytime Jingles, but this month will hopefully be a different story. I have a couple of pieces in the works, one of which may eventually become a Santa or something else all together, and another that is pictured below. This stack of quirky pumpkins, called "See no Evil, Speak no Evil, Hear no Evil," is almost ready for some paint. I still need a way to emphasize the "Hear no Evil" pumpkin on the top. He has no ears so I guess he can't hear for that reason, but I may add arms from the middle pumpkin to cover "Hear no Evil's" non-existent ears.
If you're wondering about the bottom pumpkin, his mouth is zipped up. If you look closely you can see the zipper tab on the right side of his mouth.






8 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! How delightfully creepy :) you do awesome work here, greetings from the other side of the Red River :)

Campbell Jane said...

I can't wait to see this finished. The zipper idea is awesome!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

It made me laugh...love the zipper mouth and idea for covering the hear no evil ears from another pumpkin.

Lance said...

thanks everyone!

Anonymous said...

OOO! How inspiring feeling halloweeny even though it is 90 degrees out!

Janell Berryman Pumpkinseeds folk art said...

Oh wonderful piece! Here is what I thought of when you said you still needed a way to finish off the "hear" pumpkin. Add prominent ears then with the clay, inside the ears add big corks! I think your zipper mouth is excellent. Very creepy and perfect. Love your work!!!!!

Lance said...

Cork ears sound perfect!! Should I leave the ears off the other pumpkins?

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

I can't wait to see the finished piece Lance! Wayyyy Cool!