Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tagged!

Well, this is my first time to be tagged, and by none other than the great Vintage Sister Studio. If you're familiar with her work (and you probably are) your probably aware of her superb artistic abilities. I just love her work!

So I'm supposed to show off all of the tools I use in my work, which really isn't a whole lot, but here they are:

First off, I use an assortment of pliers and scissors for cutting and bending wire, etc. I couldn't live without my worn out old pair of needle-nose pliers up top.

Here we have various sculpting tools for this and that. I'm not sure what exactly the tool on the bottom is but it's one of my favs. It's great for poking holes through tough materials such as foil.


Now this may or may not seem a little odd to you; i don't know what kinds of things you use. I find that matches make excellent little disposable sculpting tools. I can use them for details that none of the real tools seem to match. Same goes for the guitar picks.



These are great for polymer clay sculpting. They allow you to rotate your piece 360 degrees without getting fingerprints all over everything!



And then of course there's the paint brushes. Yes, this is a pretty sad looking collection of brushes, but they get the job done.
So I guess now I should choose some people to pass this tag along to. Hmm...
1. Laurie at Monkey-Cats Studio
2. Janell at Pumpkinseeds Folk Art

7 comments:

Janell Berryman Pumpkinseeds folk art said...

Love your photo's and assortment of needful tools. Mine look a lot like yours, without the creative use of the match sticks! Cool!! I will take photo's tonight and post. Thanks Lance :) PS great spookytimejingles pieces! You're always one of my top favorites!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Wow Lance, great tools...wait until you see how worn mine are!!!
I will photograph and post as well.
Thanks Lance and can't wait to see more of your work!
Laurie

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

I'm blushing! Thanks so much for the kind words. Thanks for participating. Some tags are a little tiresome but I liked this one. It's always fun to see what people use and I also love to see other work areas.
The guitar pick was a surprise! Some of your tools look like they could be used for self defense:)

Tracy

~dani~ said...

Oh, I forgot to do this !!! Lil miss talented Tracy of Vintage Sister tagged me too and I too usually dislike tags but this is a fun one!! Better clean up my tools a bit...lol

Lance said...

Wow, thanks for all of your kind comments! I can't wait to see all of your tools.

I forgot to take a picture of my hands, the most important tools to any of us!!

Chicken Lips said...

Lance - your tools look a LOT less grungy than mine! I love your work and enjoy your blog posts. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
David - Chicken Lips

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Thanks for sharing....and I love the idea of the turntable!