Friday, October 24, 2008

Santa WIP

As far as I can remember, I have never made a themed Santa. This one will be my first.
My dad owns a clock shop and has always been fascinated by time, and the mechanisms that measure it. I guess some of that rubbed off on me. Plus he has a lot of spare clock parts and stuff that he doesn't need, great for artistic inspiration.

What better first themed Santa to create than one inspired by time. Here's how he looks so far:
In his right arm, he will hold a porcelain pocket watch face. I'm thinking this one will also be my first Santa wearing white. Not sure yet. Anyway, time to paint!

5 comments:

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

AWESOME Idea Lance..Will the clock face show Midnight? :)..Either a red or white suit will make his time piece stand out!
Can't wait to see this one finished:)
Candy

Ginny Diezel said...

Yahoo Lance! He looks terrific!

Janell Berryman Pumpkinseeds folk art said...

Excited to see how you finish this cool guy! You have such a great imagination that whatever you choose to do with him will be FANTASTIC!
By the way, where is that Santa ornament at?

Lance said...

thanks janell! Haven't decided about the Santa ornament yet. I'll probably have him with a set on spookytime.

Kim Hardt Originals said...

He is going to be wonderful Lance!!!

Happy Halloween!!!

Kim