I'll start with my 10 favorite Christmas movies (unless I'm forgetting something.)
10. Nightmare Before Christmas. So it's a mash-up of Christmas and Halloween, but it's an ingeniously made classic as far as I'm concerned.
9. A Christmas Story. Most of you would probably like to strangle me for putting this movie at number nine on my list rather than 1, 2, or 3. The fact is, this one's new to me and I'm not sure I've even seen the whole thing from beginning to end. However, from what I've seen, it deserves a spot here.
8. Miracle on 34th Street (the old one). I don't care who you are, you can't watch this one and tell me it didn't give you a touch of Christmas joy.
7. Prancer Yeah, yeah I know it's not really a guy movie. I grew up on it, it grew on me, and now it's one of my Christmas staples.
6. It's a Wonderful Life I love this movie and it's good old fashion moral. Again, sorry it's not closer to #1 on my list.
5. Polar Express This movie restored my faith that great Christmas movies can still be made today... well four years ago. Truly an amazing flick.
4. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation One of my favorite Christmas movies, and vacation movies. Could be the funniest movie on the list other than #1. I get cracked up just thinking about it!
3. The Santa Claus No-one could have done it like Tim Allen. Such a clever and original idea for a movie. I love it. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the two sequels.
2. Elf My favorite Will Ferrell movie and one of my favorite comedies. There are parts where I can't stop laughing.
1. Home Alone Wish I knew how many times I've seen this! It never fails to bring the laughs, and that good "Christmasy" feeling. Hands down, my favorite Christmas movie.
And now for some honorable mentions, some of which I'm a little ashamed:
Jingle all the Way This is an almost painfully bad movie, but Steph makes me watch it every year. She doesn't even like it!! However, it has somehow become something of a tradition and it would be kind-of sad to miss it.
Earnest Saves Christmas A childhood classic to me, just didn't have a place in the top ten.
Home Alone 2 It's pretty funny but it's almost a complete knock off of the first one. I'll still give it a watch now and then.
Jack Frost A bit too depressing for me.
So what is your favorite Christmas movie? Check out the poll over on the side bar and vote for your favorite.