Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy (late) Birthday, to my Wife

I'm sorry it's been so quite around here; I think I just saw a tumbleweed. The truth is I haven't had time to post lately, and as you know, my computer cord is out.
Anyway, yesterday was my wife's birthday. She just turned 24!! This day a landmark for her in more than one way. She also taught her first class at SFA, our local university. She's teaching intermediate algebra. Today she took her first grad school class. Wish her luck; as you can imagine, this is a lot to juggle!!

Now that Steph is a grad student, she has her own office!! Well she shares it with another grad student, but it's still pretty nifty, right?



Here's Steph, already hard at work in her new office.



The creepy looking thing above is a vulture. It kind of freaked me out when I first saw it. Apparently, it's a tradition to pass it down to new math and statistics grad students every year. He brings good luck if kept on a high shelf. LoL.

Also, I've been busy at work for the fall and Christmas season. STJ is right around the corner, so be prepared!

2 comments:

PEA said...

Happy belated birthday Steph. Oh to be 24 again. I was working on son #2 by that time and had already been married for 6 yrs. Wow how times flies.
Congrats on your new job! whoo hoo
lance be sure to show your goodies since I am a big fan of your wonderful creations.
Hugs,Pea

yoborobo said...

Lance - please tell Steph happy birthday. 24 is such a great age (and so YOUNG! LOL!). Congrats on her job - that's great. See you on STJ!! :) Pam