Friday, April 2, 2010

Moon Man Progress Report

Today, I realized it's been a while since my last moon man update. Most of the major structural work is now completed. This is where the fun begins! For the last couple of weeks, I've been applying clay over the paper mache exterior.

Thinking of the cost, I had not originally planned to have a clay exterior. However, I've decided after investing this much time into a single sculpture, it would be worth the few extra bucks to finish it properly.


10 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow...he's awesome. I'm looking forward to the finish piece. It's going to be amazing.

Bright blessings,
Kathy

yoborobo said...

This is fabulous, Lance! have a happy Easter - :) Pam

Jorge de Rojas said...

Lance, he is Fantastic! It's been great watching his progress. Can't wait for October to see him all done up. He's a great take on those store front Indian's.

Lance said...

Ha thanks Jorge. I kept those store front Indians in mind while builing him.

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Lance,

He's huge!!!! How tall is he? He's lookin' really good, and I'm wondering about trying your method of the clay over paper mache. Come on over and check out what I've been doing!

Hugs,
Meri

PEA said...

He is HUMUNGO huh? OMG how would you ship that? It would cost a fortune or it is for you personal collection. I know I would keep it. Way too cool Lance.
Hope all is well.
Pea

Lance said...

Hi Pea! Believe me I have no intent of sending him through the mail. I'll probably jack up the price to the point if anyone wanted it bad enough they could come and get it lol. Either that or I'll consign it to a local shop.

Malissa said...

He is spectacular, Lance! What an undertaking!

Anonymous said...

He is going to be awesome!

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

He is coming along nicely Lance! Can't wait to see him completed!

Popped over to say "Hi" :)
Hugs,
Candy