Saturday, June 28, 2008

Awesomely Artsy Music

In case you didnt know, I love music. Along with visual art, it is one of my great passions. I've been listening my whole life obviously and playing since junior high. I enjoy a very eclectic mix of music including bluegrass, newgrass, rock, and even some of the "poppy" stuff. I'm not sure what all you other artists listen to, but I just have to recommend a few of my favorite albums. I find that the following music brings to me great artistic inspiration, somehow.

First we have The Home Recordings of Rivers Cuomo. I just got this album and I'm loving it.

Next up is Weezer's latest, the red album. It may be an acquired taste for some, but if you love Weezer, you'll love this.

Finally we have Silverchair's Diorama, which is also a bit of an acquired taste. If your are familiar with the band's past work, you'll be shocked to hear their new innovative expirimental sound, that I would place right up there with the Beatles. Yes, the Beatles. You may not hear it at first, and you may not enjoy it at first, but after a few listens, you'll be hooked. If you do find yourself hooked and looking for more, check out their latest ablbum, Young Modern.

Anyway, I better get busy!

3 comments:

~dani~ said...

I will definitely check these out. Silverchair was a fav like 10 years ago already...weezer too, it will be nice to hear their new stuff. You ever try Pandora.com? Put in the song or artist you want to listen to and it plays music from all different artists who's song or style has similar sounds. I have found many awesome new artists from listening to it..plus FREE!! Woo HOO!

Kim Hardt Originals said...

HOwdy!!!

I love to hear all differnt kinds of music myself! I will check them out!

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy 4th of July week!!

Kim

Lance said...

hope you both enjoy!

remember it may take a few listens before you can really appreciate silverchair(diarama).

Oh i tried the Pandora thing, dani. I'm now addicted, thanks!!