Monday, January 25, 2010

Abandoned Motel and more Moon Man WIP pics



Need a room? Steph and I took a little Sunday drive and found this old motel. I must have passed it fifty times in my lifetime, but have never payed much attention to it. I wonder who its last guest was, and when he or she checked out?
I wish I could have had a look inside, but I wasn't brave enough. No telling what lurks behind those crumbling walls!






The moon-man project is coming along nicely. I took a little break from the face and started working on the body, which has been very, very time consuming, but loads of fun. I decided to abandon the old body and start fresh, so his legs could be separate. I wanted it to resemble my smaller pieces, most of which have separate legs. Here's a couple of pics...


He looks a bit sloppy in that last pic, but that's part of the fun I guess. Anyway, I think I better put him on hold long enough to get some STJ stuff in the works. Easter is next!

7 comments:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

COOL! Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

(In the meantime, maybe you can put the snuggie on him until he's properly attired:)

Lance said...

Ha! Good idea, will do!

Brandi McKenna said...

Oh Lance he is amazing! I hope you will bring him to the Hallween Convention or the October show....how fantastic would that be...IF you can stand to part with him, that is!

Lance said...

Hey Brandi that's a great idea!! I would have to buckle down and finish him though. I'm really slow with these big pieces.

Unknown said...

LOL I love old ghost buildings...That is cool..back when it was safe to go in abandoned buildings my Dad used to scavenge them for antiques/junk....But now ya never know what or who u will find....Love the Moon Man...New body looks awesome. How have you been? How is the wifey? U have been like me lately laying low...lol

Missed ya...glad ya like mt new adventure.

xoxoxo

Unknown said...

oh i love him!cnay wait to see him finished, good luck!!

Cindi Myers said...

Well, I planned on taking a moment to leave a Thank You to you for stopping at my blog and then I discover all this Amazing Art work! Now I've been HERE forever! LOL!
Wow! LOVE it! I then stopped at the "Tin Rabbit"...I always wished I could have a little shop...very cool! I will definitely be back to visit both blogs!
Hey, that motel looks like the one in the movie "Vacancy"! (Why in the world I watched it, I'm not quite sure! SCARY!) and I had to laugh at your MOONMAN! I had a BIG Mermaid several years back that took me FOREVER to finish. She was this huge "thing" in the middle of the table covered in a garbage bag FOREVER! So, I kinda know how that goes...good luck! and thanks again for stopping by!